Monday, September 27, 2010

Call All You Want But There's No One Home

This year, i have asked for an iPhone for my birthday. This shouldn't come as a surprise to you, i have been asking for an iPhone every birthday for the last 3 years, only difference is, this year there's actually a chance i may get one.

Firstly, because i don't have a phone that works at the moment. I have a phone but it sort of... melted. I left it in the car on a really sunny day in April or May and yeah... not only is the plastic casing slightly deformed, text messages come through whenever they feel like it and even when they do, they don't often open. You have to hit it hard against a wall if you want the camera to work and it sometimes gets annoyed and just turns itself off.

Secondly because this year i used my greatest tactic to get this phone:

It started in August when my mother asked me what i wanted for my birthday, it went a bit like this:

"What do you want for your birthday?"

"Umm.... a pony?"

"Don't be silly, where would you keep a pony?"

"in the shed?"

"Think of something else, something sensible."

"A puppy?"

"No, we have four cats"

"A kitten?"

"I just said, we already have FOUR cats."

"ferret?"

"No."

"Chickens?"

"NO!"

"Geese?"

"NO! NO LIVESTOCK!! There MUST be something else you want!?"

*sigh* "i don't know... maybe... an iPhone?"

"FINE." *leaves room*

I'm not saying something as silly and as materialistic as an iPhone would make my life better, but you know... it definitely will make my life better.

4 comments:

  1. Brilliant :D You are a comedy genius, Stephanie. I hope you get your phone - looking forward to an ecstatic blog on your birthday. Or shortly after.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who am I? Nobody terribly interesting, I'm afraid. Is it safe to ask if you have an Amazon wish list? You have a very scary attitude to birthdays, but I feel like I should get you something because your tweets cheer me up no end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! You got your phone \o/ Happy Birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a beautiful photo. But that's to be expected.

    ReplyDelete