Thursday, July 05, 2012

Thing 57

If you start your morning sweeping a mouse out of your house with a copy of the Radio Times, whilst wearing your pyjamas and being stared at by a selection of confused/amused friends, neighbours and delivery men, you know it's going to be an interesting day.

It was a pretty interesting day.


Most exciting of all was that I completed Thing 57, which is: Plant a tree.

If you read this blog, you'll know that I went to my Prom last week. If you follow me on Twitter, you might know that I returned from prom with a tree. This tree:


I can't remember why. But it isn't stealing if it doesn't actually belong to anyone, right? Anyway, I'd prefer to think of it as rescuing. I rescued this tree.

My dad said that it was cruel to keep it in my room and I had to set it free. So I moved it to someone else's room, where he wouldn't see it. Then yesterday I bought a big plant pot and today I put it in the big plant pot. 

Well, I say I put it in the plant pot, I was a bit clueless, so Jess stepped in to assist with removing snails and bits of stone and other mysterious garden type things from the soil. 

Then we watered it and put it in the sun. Then we named him, Toby. Toby the Tree. 

And here he is, looking splendid:


No comments:

Post a Comment