Thursday, April 08, 2010

Thursday

Thursdays are unspectacular days. People like Wednesdays because it's the middle of the week, which is always exciting. People like Fridays because it's nearly the weekend. Thursdays are the days that get in the way. A bit boring and a bit pointless. Just like me. That's why they're my favourite day. I've always liked Thursdays, for as long as i can remember, and they're especially good if it rains.

It didn't rain last Thursday, it was sunny. The first properly warm day of the year. I didn't wear a coat and i didn't once lose the feeling in my arms. However, we didn't do anything interesting. So, instead of my normal *fascinating* accounts of my days out, here is a list of things that happened on Thursday:

1) I woke up too late. My Grandparents thought i'd died in my sleep.

2) We went to Sainsburys. It's difficult to go shopping in Bridgwater without bumping into someone who claims to be related to me/be a close friend of someone who is related to me. I met a man called Frank who goes to the same ear clinic as my Grandad.

3) I had hot chocolate in The Old Vicarage. It's a very very nice cafe. You'd like it:








Sometimes, they have a Cat Morning - they get some people from a local cat shelter to bring cats there, so you can sit with a nice cat on your lap whilst you drink coffee and eat your chocolate and Guinness cake.

4) We went to this cheese shop and bought this curiously named cheese -




(i have just learnt that "tasty" is somersetish for "strong")


5) We had lunch. I had to explain to my Grandparents that "Sea Salt and Balsamic Vinegar" flavoured crisps are the same as plain salt and vinegar and "Mature Cheddar Cheese and Red Onion" flavour are just cheese and onion. I don't think they believed me.

6) I went to the hairdressers with my Grandmother and read a picture book called something like "Spikey The Hedgehog". I found it quite immature.

7) I found a punctuation mistake on page 275 of The Girl Who Kicked The Hornets' Nest. It upset me.

8) I learnt that eating two raw cloves of garlic every day for 12 weeks apparently prevents you from catching a cold. I might have to try it.

9) Also, i learnt that (according to my Grandmother) French men have no problem WHATSOEVER with weeing in the middle of a street, in front of anyone who cares to watch. Well... we learn something new every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment