Thursday, October 07, 2010

I Write Poems For The Sheep, I'm Sure They Enjoy Them.


Happy National Poetry Day!

I wrote a poem today, it's a bit shit:

I Am Very Bothered

I am very bothered when I thinkof the bad things I have done in my life.
Not least that time when i was 6 
we were by the sea, playing in the surf,
laughing with me,
I grasped your hand, swore never to let go
before sinking my teeth deep into your flesh.

O the chilling scream of a wounded boy
your blood slid over your wrist and down my chin.
Sharp little teeth and an evil grin. Scarred.
An everlasting memory.

I’d be lying if i said sorry
as it gave me such delight 
eyes flooded with your plight
and just that once, the only think you could think of...
was me.


You may have noticed that it is based on my favourite poem by Simon Armitage. When I say "based on", i mean copied.

When i was little, this was my favourite poem:


Missing

Has anybody seen my mouse?
I opened his box for half a minute,
Just to make sure he was really in it,
And while I was looking, he jumped outside!
I tried to catch him, I tried, I tried....
I think he's somewhere about the house.
Has anyone seen my mouse?

Uncle John, have you seen my mouse?

Just a small sort of mouse, a dear little brown one,
He came from the country, he wasn't a town one,
So he'll feel all lonely in a London street;
Why, what could he possibly find to eat?

He must be somewhere. I'll ask Aunt Rose:
Have you seen a mouse with a woffelly nose?
He's just got out...
Hasn't anybody seen my mouse? 

Another favourite is this one: 




It pleased my greatly today when i had the opportunity to say to a year 7 "stop doing that or i'll cut your fucking feet off and while you lay there bleeding i'll use your feet... to kick you in the head." I think i might have scared her.

1 comment:

  1. A playlist for you: http://open.spotify.com/user/bertiemoogle/playlist/2LCZwymstW729VHo3k2Tri I hope that works - never done it before.

    ReplyDelete